We’re reader-supported. Purchases via our links may earn us a commission, at no extra cost to you.
Choosing the right launch monitor is a critical decision that can make a significant difference in improving your golf performance.
A well-chosen launch monitor can provide valuable data and insights that can help you understand your swing, correct your mistakes, and refine your technique.
This brings us to two noteworthy contenders in the market of launch monitors: the FlightScope Mevo Plus vs Bushnell Launch Pro.
The FlightScope Mevo Plus is a high-tech launch monitor that uses 3D Doppler radar and camera processing technology for precise shot analysis.
It is designed to provide detailed feedback on various aspects of your swing and ball flight, helping you to make informed decisions about how to improve your performance.
On the other hand, the Bushnell Launch Pro uses a combination of high-speed cameras and an infrared sensor for accurate shot detection, both indoors and outdoors. It features a heads-up touchscreen LCD display that presents shot data in a clear and easy-to-understand format.
The objective of this article is to provide an in-depth comparison of the FlightScope Mevo Plus vs Bushnell Launch Pro launch monitors.
We will delve into the intricacies of these two devices, comparing their performance, technology, data provision, space requirements, software, and pricing.
Our ultimate goal is to help you make an informed decision about which launch monitor is the best fit for your needs.
- Performance: How reliable and accurate are the devices in providing shot data?
- Technology: What technologies do these launch monitors use, and how do they impact the accuracy and reliability of the data provided?
- Data Provision: What types of data do these devices provide? How detailed is the data, and how can it help improve your golf game?
- Space Requirements: How much space is needed for these devices to operate optimally?
- Software: What software is included with these devices, and how user-friendly and helpful are these applications?
- Pricing: How do the costs of these devices compare, and what do you get for your money?
By the end of this comparison, you should have a clearer understanding of what both the FlightScope Mevo Plus and the Bushnell Launch Pro have to offer, enabling you to make a confident and informed decision.
Table of contents
- 1 Bushnell Launch Pro Overview
- 2 FlightScope Mevo Plus Overview
- 3 Indoor and Outdoor Usage
- 4 Comparison Categories
- 5 Data Comparison
- 6 Head-to-Head Shot Analysis
- 7 Technology
- 8 Space Requirements
- 9 Pricing
- 10 Technology Behind the Monitors
- 11 Space Requirements
- 12 Included Software
- 13 Pricing
- 14 Mevo Plus Selling Points
- 15 Bushnell Launch Pro Selling Points
- 16 Target Audience
- 17 My Preference and Conclusion
Bushnell Launch Pro Overview
The Bushnell Launch Pro is a robust launch monitor that uses three high-speed cameras along with an infrared sensor to precisely detect and analyze shots.
This technologically advanced device offers high accuracy both indoors and outdoors, thanks to its camera and infrared technology. In addition, its easy-to-navigate touchscreen LCD display enhances the user experience, providing immediate access to crucial shot data.
Apart from its technical attributes, the Launch Pro boasts a compact, portable design, making it a convenient option for golfers who require a monitor that can easily be transported between locations.
However, it’s worth noting that the device is limited to 10 simulated courses with its most expensive software package, which may be a factor for those seeking a wide variety of golf course simulations.
- Carry Distance: This is the distance the ball travels through the air.
- Ball Speed: This is the speed at which the ball leaves the club face.
- Total Spin: This is the total amount of spin on the ball.
- Vertical Launch Angle: This is the angle at which the ball leaves the club face.
- Horizontal Launch Angle: This is the angle at which the ball leaves the club face horizontally.
FlightScope Mevo Plus Overview
The FlightScope Mevo Plus is a sophisticated launch monitor that utilizes radar technology for accurate shot tracking.
This advanced system is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use, but it’s worth noting that its accuracy can be somewhat compromised in indoor settings due to its reliance on 2D Doppler radar.
For golf enthusiasts seeking a comprehensive training tool, the Mevo Plus doesn’t disappoint. It provides an extensive range of shot data, covering everything from carry distance and club head speed to apex height and smash factor.
Not to mention, it also captures metrics such as spin rate and angle of attack, offering a wealth of information for players keen to improve their game on a granular level.
As for its simulation capabilities, the Mevo Plus falls slightly short when compared to the Bushnell Launch Pro, offering only 5 simulated courses. However, the quality and realism of these simulations still make for an engaging and valuable training experience.
One standout feature of the Mevo Plus is its onboard Wi-Fi hotspot. This ensures a stable and reliable connection during use, enhancing its usability and performance.
Indoor and Outdoor Usage
Both the Bushnell Launch Pro and the FlightScope Mevo Plus launch monitors are versatile tools designed for indoor and outdoor usage. Yet, each employs a different technology to deliver accurate readings in varying environments.
The Bushnell Launch Pro utilizes three high-speed cameras and an infrared sensor for precise shot detection and analysis. This technology proves itself incredibly effective in both indoor and outdoor settings, providing consistent data regardless of the location.
“The Bushnell Launch Pro shines in its adaptability, with high-accuracy readings in all types of environments. As a golfer who frequently switches between indoor and outdoor practice, I personally find the convenience of the Launch Pro to be a significant advantage.”
On the other hand, the Mevo Plus leverages radar technology for shot tracking. While it performs admirably in outdoor conditions, it can lose some accuracy when used indoors due to its reliance on 2D Doppler radar.
However, it’s worth noting that this potential decrease in precision may not be significant enough to impact the overall performance for many golfers.
In choosing between these two devices, personal preference and specific usage needs play a crucial role.
Some golfers may prioritize the indoor convenience and consistent accuracy of the Launch Pro, while others might find the advanced radar technology and outdoor performance of the Mevo Plus more appealing. As always, the best choice depends on the individual golfer’s needs and preferences.
When it comes to comparing the Bushnell Launch Pro and the FlightScope Mevo Plus launch monitors, several key factors come into play.
These include the data provided, shot analysis, the technology used, space requirements, included software, and pricing. Both monitors come with their unique pros and cons, but ultimately, one may suit your needs better than the other.
The range of data provided by these two monitors varies. The Bushnell Launch Pro offers data points such as carry distance, ball speed, total spin, and launch angles.
However, the Mevo Plus goes a step further, including additional metrics like Face to Path, Face to Target, club head speed, and apex height in their Pro Package.
The Mevo Plus offers a more comprehensive range of data points, making it the winner in this category.
Head-to-Head Shot Analysis
A head-to-head comparison of shots using a 9 iron and driver shows some similarities and differences between the two monitors.
While the Bushnell Launch Pro excels in indoor accuracy, the Mevo Plus tends to lose some precision in indoor conditions due to its reliance on 2D Doppler radar technology.
The Mevo Plus uses a combination of 3D Doppler radar and camera processing, dubbed Fusion Tracking. On the other hand, the Launch Pro utilizes high-speed cameras for precise impact analysis.
The choice between these two can come down to personal preference, with some golfers valuing the accuracy of the Launch Pro and others preferring the additional data offered by the Mevo Plus.
Depending on your available space, one monitor might be more beneficial than the other. The Mevo Plus requires more space and can be quite sensitive to setup conditions. In contrast, the Launch Pro requires less space and performs well indoors across various shot types.
The Mevo Plus is priced around $2600, including its apps and without the need for a subscription. Conversely, the Launch Pro comes in at a higher price point, costing around $3500 with subscription options.
While the Launch Pro is more expensive, its superior accuracy and indoor convenience may justify the extra investment for some golfers.
Technology Behind the Monitors
The technology used in both the Mevo Plus and the Bushnell Launch Pro launch monitors is highly advanced and serves distinct purposes in their respective devices.
Mevo Plus employs the use of 3D Doppler radar, a technology that traces the full trajectory of the golf ball from start to finish.
This is achieved by sending out frequencies which then bounce back after hitting an object. These returning frequencies are analyzed to provide data about the object’s direction, speed, and distance.
This technology is combined with Fusion Tracking, a camera-processing method that enhances the quality of the data received. Together, 3D Doppler radar and Fusion Tracking provide an accurate and comprehensive analysis of each shot.
By utilizing 3D Doppler Radar and Fusion Tracking, Mevo Plus offers a technologically advanced approach to shot analysis, capturing extensive data on each shot.
On the other hand, Bushnell Launch Pro uses high-speed cameras for its shot detection and analysis.
The high-speed cameras capture the exact moment of impact between the club and the ball, providing precise data on ball speed, launch angle, and spin. Coupled with an infrared sensor, this technology ensures accurate readings both indoors and outdoors.
The implementation of high-speed cameras and an infrared sensor in Launch Pro leads to a detailed and precise impact analysis, providing critical insights for golfers.
To summarise, both monitors use different technologies to achieve their goal of providing accurate shot analysis.
Mevo Plus combines 3D Doppler radar and Fusion Tracking for a comprehensive data set, while the Launch Pro uses high-speed cameras and infrared sensors for precise impact analysis.
While both the FlightScope Mevo Plus and the Bushnell Launch Pro are designed for both indoor and outdoor use, they have different spatial and setup requirements.
FlightScope Mevo Plus Space Requirements
- The Mevo Plus requires a wider space for its setup, with a recommended minimum of 7 feet from tee to the device, and an additional 7 to 10 feet beyond the device for accurate readings. This makes it suitable for larger indoor spaces or outdoor usage.
- However, the Mevo Plus can be slightly more sensitive to setup conditions. Its performance can be affected by factors like lighting and temperature. Therefore, it’s crucial to position it correctly and calibrate it in every different environment to ensure the most accurate readings.
Bushnell Launch Pro Space Requirements
- In contrast, the Launch Pro is more forgiving in terms of space. It requires less space for setup, making it a more convenient choice for indoor usage where space may be limited.
- Its reliance on high-speed cameras and infrared technology makes it less susceptible to changes in environmental conditions, thus offering more consistent performance across different setup conditions. As such, for golfers who primarily plan to use their launch monitor indoors, the Launch Pro could be a more suitable choice.
In conclusion, while both the Mevo Plus and the Launch Pro offer flexibility in terms of usage location, the Launch Pro’s lesser space requirement and greater resistance to changes in setup conditions make it a more suitable option for indoor usage.
Both the FlightScope Mevo Plus and the Bushnell Launch Pro come with robust golf software packages that complement their respective hardware, providing users with a comprehensive practice and analysis experience.
However, the offerings of the two vary, each with its unique features and strengths.
FlightScope Mevo Plus Software
The Mevo Plus includes two main applications: the FS Golf app and the FS Skills app. The FS Golf app is the primary interface for the Mevo Plus, providing a comprehensive range of data parameters.
It allows users to track and analyze shots, practice specific skills, and even simulate play on several different golf courses. The FS Skills app, on the other hand, is designed to help golfers improve their game through various skill-based challenges and competitive scenarios.
- FS Golf App – Offers a wide array of data parameters for in-depth analysis of each shot. It’s also where you can access simulation features, with a selection of courses to play.
- FS Skills App – Provides a variety of challenges and competitions to help enhance your golf skills. It’s designed to make practice more dynamic and interesting.
Bushnell Launch Pro Software
The Launch Pro, meanwhile, comes with the FSX Pro, FSX Play, and FSX 2020 software. These programs offer different sets of features, from in-depth shot analysis to tour simulation.
However, it’s worth noting that these software packages require a subscription, which can add to the overall cost of owning a Launch Pro.
Note: While both launch monitors offer sophisticated software solutions, the choice between them will largely depend on your specific needs and preferences. Do you want a wider array of data parameters and dynamic practice options? Or do you prefer a more traditional golf simulation experience with additional shot analysis capabilities?
- FSX Pro – Provides comprehensive shot analysis, with a wide range of data points for each shot. It’s designed for golfers who want to understand their game in detail.
- FSX Play – Focuses on simulation, giving users the experience of playing on a variety of world-class golf courses.
- FSX 2020 – The latest of the FSX series, offering the most up-to-date features and graphics for a truly immersive golf simulation experience.
When it comes to pricing, there’s a notable difference between the two launch monitors. The Mevo Plus is priced at approximately $2600.
This price includes access to the FS Golf and FS Skills apps, which offer a wealth of data and simulation options.
Importantly, there is no subscription fee attached, meaning that once you’ve purchased the Mevo Plus, you’ve got full access to these features without any additional monthly cost.
The Mevo Plus offers significant value in its pricing, particularly with its inclusion of apps and absence of subscription fees. Its upfront cost might seem steep, but it’s a one-time investment into a comprehensive package.
On the other hand, the Bushnell Launch Pro comes with a higher price tag of around $3500. This initial cost does not include full access to its simulation software.
To get the most out of the Launch Pro, you’ll need to subscribe to one of their software packages. These subscriptions add to the overall cost of owning and operating the unit.
- Mevo Plus: $2600 (includes apps, no subscription needed)
- Launch Pro: $3500 (with additional subscription options)
The Launch Pro’s pricing can be a hurdle for some, considering the additional subscription costs. However, its superior accuracy and indoor convenience could justify this investment for serious golfers.
Mevo Plus Selling Points
The FlightScope Mevo Plus, an advanced golf launch monitor, brings several key selling points to the table. These features not only set it apart from many competitors, but also make it a preferred choice for professional golfers and serious amateurs.
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: One of the standout features of the Mevo Plus is its built-in Wi-Fi hotspot. This ensures a stable and reliable connection, crucial for accurate data transmission and real-time analysis.
- Onboard Camera: The Mevo Plus is equipped with an internal alignment camera. This feature enhances the accuracy of shot tracking, providing precise data for every swing.
- Extensive Practice Ranges: With 17 practice ranges, the Mevo Plus offers a variety of environments for golfers to develop their skills. This feature, coupled with five simulated courses, provides a comprehensive virtual golf experience.
- In-Depth Shot Data: The Mevo Plus provides an extensive array of shot data. Metrics include carry distance, club head speed, apex height, smash factor, spin rate, and angle of attack. This wealth of information is invaluable for those seeking to understand and improve their game.
Note: While the extensive data provided by the Mevo Plus is a key selling point, it may be overwhelming for novice golfers. This launch monitor is especially suited for seasoned players and professionals who can leverage this data for in-depth analysis and skill improvement.
Bushnell Launch Pro Selling Points
The Bushnell Launch Pro is a versatile launch monitor that offers a broad range of essential features for golfers. It stands out due to its ease of setup, detailed shot data and additional conveniences.
- Easy setup: Unlike many other launch monitors that require complex calibration and setup, the Bushnell Launch Pro is designed to be simple and straightforward. With its out-of-the-box functionality, even beginners can easily set up and start using this device.
- In-depth shot and club data: Bushnell Launch Pro provides comprehensive shot data, including carry distance, ball speed, total spin, vertical launch angle, and horizontal launch angle. This data can be invaluable for players who want to understand their game better and make necessary adjustments.
- Wireless internet capability: The device comes with built-in wireless internet capability, allowing users to easily connect to online resources and software upgrades. This feature also makes it easy to share your performance data with others.
- Simulated courses: The Bushnell Launch Pro offers up to 10 simulated courses, providing players with a variety of playing scenarios. This aspect not only adds to the realism of practice sessions but also helps players to prepare for actual course conditions.
- Free Software: The monitor comes with a one-year basic software package free of charge, allowing users to explore the device’s full range of features without any additional cost.
The Mevo Plus is aimed squarely at those golfers who are serious about their game. Notably, scratch players and tournament competitors will find the advanced features of the Mevo Plus incredibly beneficial.
This is further endorsed by its use and approval by tour pros. The Mevo Plus excels in providing a wealth of advanced shot metrics, which can be a game-changer for players looking to refine their skills to the highest level.
Its accuracy, particularly outdoors, makes it a reliable tool for performance analysis and improvement.
- Scratch players and tournament competitors
- Endorsed by tour pros
- Offers advanced shot metrics and accuracy
- Not intended for recreational players
Mevo Plus offers a level of detail and accuracy in shot metrics that serious golfers will appreciate.
On the other hand, the Bushnell Launch Pro is a suitable option for a wide range of golfers, from the casual players to course pros.
Its strength lies not only in its accuracy, which is impressive, but also in its capacity for helping golfers improve their game.
The Launch Pro is best suited for individuals who are serious about improving their game, offering valuable insights into various aspects of their play.
It shines as a launch monitor, with its simulation features acting as a helpful secondary function. The data provided is easy to understand, making it an excellent tool for learning and progression.
- Suitable for casual golfers and course pros
- Best suited for individuals serious about improving their game
- Accurate within 2 yards on drive distance and 3 yards on irons and wedges
- Struggles slightly with ball speed accuracy
- Offers easy-to-understand graphs and wireless internet connectivity
The Bushnell Launch Pro is more than just a launch monitor. Its combination of accuracy and informative data make it a powerful tool for golfers aiming to improve.
My Preference and Conclusion
At the end of the day, the choice came down to the Bushnell Launch Pro for me. The Launch Pro, with its high-speed cameras and infrared technology, offers superior accuracy both indoors and outdoors.
This level of precision is vital for anyone serious about honing their skills and improving their game. Its compact and portable design makes it an ideal choice for indoor use, especially for those with limited space constraints.
Remember, the best golf launch monitor is subjective and largely depends on an individual’s specific needs and preferences. It’s always important to consider what you value most in a launch monitor before making a decision.
Here are some key points that swayed my decision towards the Bushnell Launch Pro:
- Accuracy: The Launch Pro’s high-speed cameras and infrared sensor ensure precise shot detection. This means that every swing’s data is accurately captured, providing more reliable feedback for game improvement.
- Indoor Convenience: Unlike the Mevo Plus, which requires more space and can be sensitive to setup conditions, the Launch Pro is designed to excel indoors. It requires less space and enables players to practice various shots, making it a highly convenient tool for year-round training.
Despite these benefits, the Launch Pro may not be the best fit for everyone. The Mevo Plus, for instance, provides more data points within its FS Golf app and includes more advanced metrics like Face to Path and Face to Target, which some users may find useful.
Additionally, it’s worth noting that the Launch Pro’s superior simulator software requires a subscription, while the Mevo Plus includes its apps at no extra cost.
|Bushnell Launch Pro
|Additional Data Points
|Software Subscription Required
Ultimately, the decision between the Bushnell Launch Pro and the Mevo Plus should be based on your individual needs and personal preferences.
Both launch monitors offer unique features and benefits, making them excellent options for different types of golfers.
Whether you prioritize accuracy, indoor convenience, additional data points, or avoiding subscription fees, there’s a launch monitor out there that’s perfect for you.